Tuesday, August 7, 2012

AH-MAZ-ING Soap Scum Remover

I will start by saying that this is not the best smelling cleaner ever, but HOLY SHINY SHOWER BATMAN! Light a candle because this one is SO worth it! I found it on Pinterest of course on this site. We have really hard water here in the big dirty city ;) and I never get all of the soap scum out of my shower unless I scrub for hours with a magic eraser (which gets demolished with one shower scrub). I tried this and I am pretty sure that I have never seen these showers so shiny. 

Here is what you need: 
 12 ounces of white vinegar and 12 ounces of Dawn soap

Heat the vinegar in the micro until is it hot (not boiling). Add the Dawn soap stir until mixed then pour into a squirt bottle. I added some lavender oil to mine hoping to make it smell better. It still smelled pretty strong so I wouldn't waste your time with it. 

Just spray this on your shower and let it sit for a little while then scrub it off, rinse and enjoy you shiny new shower! :) A couple tips:
 
This may have been going a little over board. When I tried to wipe it off with a wash cloth it kept getting too soap and took me a good while to clean off. The second time I did this I sprayed less then used a cleaning brush to spread it around before letting it sit.
I recommend a brush like this to scrub it. The first time I used it, the soap scum was so bad that I had to scrub some, but the second time was more like maintenance and took less work. It was amazing to do one section and then rub my finger on it to feel how smooth it was compared to the soap scummy area that I had not done yet. This one definitely makes it onto my list of favorite homemade cleaners.


3 comments:

  1. Come do my house now. Is there a way to sign up to have your blog delivered by email? Also, it's like friggin' Fort Knox on here to publish a comment... just to ya know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right below where you leave a comment it should say "subscribe by email" to the bottom right. Can you see that or am I wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 signs and symptoms You need Brake restore. not exclusively do you anticipate your brakes to work, you want them to work whenever you operate your automobile. moreover, you need them working at their exceptional in any respect activities. It just takes one mishap or one miscount t look at this site

    ReplyDelete