Saturday, October 13, 2012

Insanly Good Peanutbutter Chocolate Chip Cookies

I will just start by confessing that these are not healthy or fast. I am afraid to even calculate how many calories is in one of these little pieces of deliciousness. Therefore this is different than 99% of the posts you will see on my blog, but it is really good and it settled an argument between my kids so it is um... useful. This is one case where they are so good that I JUST DON'T CARE! :)

The kids were arguing this morning over what kind of cookie we should bake. Adah, as usual wanted chocolate chip. She goes by a little pearl of wisdom she learned from Gingersnap or Strawberry Shortcake "A cookie without chocolate chips is like a face without a smile." And that my friends is why I consider Strawberry Shortcake "educational television". Nate, however, wanted peanut butter cookies. Never fear, children! Mom's got the solution! 

I got this recipe from one of my best friends in the world Amy Roberts. The first time she made them, I probably ate 5. They are SO stinking good! Anyway, here is the recipe and instructions:

First step: Aprons, baking just isn't as fun without them! ;)
Not sure what look Nate was going for here.

  • Ok, now cream together 1 cup of butter (2 sticks, I warned you these were not healthy!) and 1 1/2 cup brown sugar.
  • Beat in 2 eggs, 1 cup peanut butter, and 1 t vanilla
  •  In a separate bowl whisk together 2 3/4c of flour (I use King Aurthur brand white whole wheat), 1/4c cornstarch, 3/4 t salt, 1 t baking soda, and 1/2 t baking powder
  • Now mix it all together. If you don't do much baking, let me suggest not dumping all of the flour mixture in at once unless you want to look like an episode of I Love Lucy. :)

Now last but definitely not least, add the chocolate chips. The recipe calls for 1 cup, but I tend to put a little extra for um... good luck? to grow on? Yep that's it... to grow on... to grow on my thighs, that's for sure.

 Resist the temptation to eat all of the dough right now...


Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and space about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. And enjoy! :) You might want to use a fork to smoosh them down a bit before you bake them like regular peanut butter cookies.



For those of you that are a bit OCD like me and need an ingredient list, here you go:
1 Cup Peanut butter
1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Cup Butter
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 3/4 Cup Flour
1/4 Cup Cornstarch
3/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
1 Cup Chocolate Chips  - Well, at least one cup! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment